Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weekend Supper Club, Round 2, Week 3, Chicken 'n Chili Nachos by Julie

Ingredients:

2-4 frozen boneless chicken breasts - (bag of frozen boneless, skinless breasts in the meat section)
1 bag of tortilla chips (scoops work really well with small kids)
1 bottle bbq sauce - flavoring of your choice.
1 can hormel chili with beans.
1 jar cheese dip - I used tostitios smooth and cheesy dip.
Sour cream - optional
Diced tomatoes - optional
Green onion - optional

Directions:

Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot, top with bottle of bbq sauce, set on low and cook for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and can easily shred.
Shred chicken
heat chili on the stove, along with the cheese sauce, place in 2 different pots, cooking until both are heated through.
Place whole bag of chips onto Large plate and top with cheese sauce.
Place shredded bbq chicken on top of chips and cheese, pouring the chili over the chicken.
Top with your desired amount of sour cream, diced tomatoes and green onions.

Enjoy!!!!!

My husband and kids love, love these nachos,(really my kids love anything involving chips...).  I hope you all enjoy as well.

Ingredients you may not have in your pantry:

3 comments:

  1. Julie, Mike will be so sad that he's not here for this one! This will be a great one for Football games at the Adkins house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    I can't wait to try this. I am a little late with trying your nachos but I have the perfect night for it. SAM will be making these for ME for dinner tomorrow! I'll put the chicken in the crock pot @ lunch tomorrow and he will follow the recipe. I know that they will be just great! He will love them too. I saw Nick in Safeway last week and he was telling me that these are a weekly treat in your house! I'm even more excited to try them and will report back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved these nachos! It will be a hit at a pot luck I have coming up for work! I bet some of the ingredients would make a yummy seven layer dip too! I'll let you know how it goes. I think my favorite part of the recipe was the shredded chicken. I will for sure use that again in other dishes.

    Thanks for the submission!

    ReplyDelete