Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weekend Supper Club Week 4; White/Phat Chick Enchiladas via Jaimie Petty

This is a very easy dish to make on days when you don't want to step on the scale!

Ingredients:
1 whole fryer chicken
12 flour tortillas-Fajita size
2 cans of cream of mushroom, or chicken soup
4 oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup of sour cream
1.5 cups of Monterey Jack cheese
Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste

Directions:
Cook the whole fryer chicken in the crock pot for 6 hrs or the usual time you would cook a chicken, season lightly with salt, pepper and chili powder.
After chicken is fully cooked, take chicken out of crock pot and place in a bowl to let it cool.
Shred the chicken off the bone and place in a bowl. (This will totally burn your fingers BTW) but it's OK because we all know we've done it before.
Mix the cream cheese and half a cup of Monterey Jack cheese in with the shredded chicken.
In another bowl mix the two cans of soup and the sour cream.
In the bottom of a 8 x 11 casserole dish add a generous layer of the soup mixture
Fill the tortillas with however much chicken mixture you desire. I make them fat because....Hello! they are Phat girl enchiladas!!! Roll them up and throw them in the dish.  They don't have to be as tightly squeezed together like the non-white girl version because the THICK sauce needs to seep in, but you do want to try and fit 12 in a dish. Add the remaiunder of the soup mixture to the enhciladas and bake for 20 minutes
Finally add a cup of cheese to the top and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my boys do.


Jaimie's Enchiladas


Carla's Enchiladas

Julie's Enchiladas

Liz's Enchiladas

Cindy Enchiladas

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimie, I can't wait to make this for Mike this weekend. It will be our Sunday dinner. He will love it, and I loved the comments you wrote in your recipe...made me smile (in a white/Phat way)..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaimie, so yummy. I made a salsa that we could add on top if you wanted to add some heat to it. Will make these again just so quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to make these.....I know I am late, but because of moving last week, I am going to the store today. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaimie, these were so good, I loved the flavor that the cream cheese gave them, a little bite of sorts...they were so creamy and thick. I found a soup that is a combination cream of chicken and cream of mushroom so I used those. At first I was just going to make half the recipe and I'm really glad I didn't, I ate one for lunch today too. Mike really liked them too, he said they were so filling, made him want to go to sleep (and he did..lol). I also added some fresh cilantro, tomatoes and serrano chilis sprinkled on the top, it looked like Christmas on my plate. I also was fortunate enough to grab fresh flour tortillas for this dish. I though of you the entire time I was shopping for ingredients and making the dish - exactly what I was wanting to accomplish. They were really delish...Oh and by the way, I think we should officially name them white/Phat Chick Enchiladas...what'ya think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i think we shoukd definetly name them that! I'm so glad you liked them ;)

      Delete
  6. Jaimie, David and I are fighting about who gets to eat the leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie, I love these enchiladas!!! They tase great and are a snap to make. Funny that I used both cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup two. I made them super fat and only had room for 10 in my pan. Side dishes with mine were refried beans, creamy mexican rice, and a red cabbage and carrot spicy salad. Sam loved it so much he did the dishes and drew me a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz, you have a great husband!! David LOVES this supper club, he loves trying all this new food. I also made mine with both cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup. Will you give us the recipe for your red cabbage and carrot spicy salad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, Sam loves the supper club too. The Red Cabbage and Carrot Spicy Salad: 1 cup shredded carrots, 1.5 cups shredded red cabbage, 1 chopped roma tomato, 1 cubed avacado (Squeeze a lemon on that avacado to preserve the color), 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1-2 chopped jalapenos, Mix all the Veggies together, Mix in 1-2 tbs Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing, garnish with fresh cilantro. Hope you like it!

      Delete
  9. Jaimie, these were so good. Everyone in my house loved them. I made them with refried beans, and topped mine with green onions. So delicious. I could only fit 10 also, thanks for the amazing recipe.

    ReplyDelete