Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WSC WEEK 3

Julie has submitted her recipe for Peanut Butter Pie....I can't wait to make it and the picture makes me hungry just looking at it:

PEANUT BUTTER PIE:

Ingredients:

1 cup + 2 tblsp peanut butter (creamy)
1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
1 12oz jar hot fudge topping
15 chocolate Oreo cookies, with chocolate cream
3 tblsp melted butter

Directions:

Crust:
    Crush cookies to resemble fine to coarse crumbs (food processor, or with rolling pin)
Melt butter and add to cookie crumb mixture, mix and press into pie dish.
Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, let cool completely.

Pie:
    With electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese and 1 cup peanut butter unitl thoroughly mixed.
Gently fold/mix in 3 cups thawed whipped topping until completely combined.
Spoon mixture into cooled pie crust, smooth edges to cover whole pie.
Reserve 2-3 tblsp of hot fudge topping in plastic sandwich bag, heat remaining hot fudge in microwave for 60 seconds, stir.
Spread hot fudge topping over entire peanut butter pie.
Refrigerate until hot fudge has begun to set.
Spread remaining thawed whipped topping onto pie, being careful not to mix layers.

Topping:
    Place 2 tblsp peanut butter into sandwich baggie, cut corner of bag and squeeze bag to drizzle on top of pie.
Cut corner of bag containing the hot fudge and do the same, drizzle hot fudge in opposite direction of peanut butter.
Refrigerate until set, and ready to serve.


ENJOY!!!



Cindy's Pie

Liz's Show-off Pie

Carla's Pie

Julie's Pie


12 comments:

  1. The picture is not great, but it is so delicoous. I hope everyone loves it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesnt love peanut butter and chocolate and....oreo cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesnt love peanut butter and chocolate and....oreo cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm so excited to make this this weekend! I think it will be the perfect "go to" dessert to bring to a dinner party or for when my inlaws come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the ingredients so I can make it tonight! I am so excited!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really anxious for everyone to give me their feedback. I hope you guys enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot a step everyone. You beat the sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter together. I forget to add the sugar to the directions. Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, this pie was more than fabulous! I did add the sugar, thanks for putting that in, also, I would make sure to tell everyone to use a deep dish pie plate because it surely fills the pan up. Additionally, it takes a couple of hours to set up, we can add that back into the directions for planning. Mike and I had it last night at about 9pm and I can't wait to have it again tonight, it's a great make-ahead pie recipe. It's like a light, airy chocolate-peanut butter cheesecake. So great, thank you, I'm going to post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,

    I just loved this pie! I did it without the sugar and it tastes great. I think that next time that I will ground the cookies in the food processor. I put crushed cookies on top of the pie and decorated it in a sunflower pattern. Sam and I couldn't wait to eat it yesterday, so we dug in before it truly set. It is amazing the next day!!

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie this is so delicious! The oreo crumbling took a little effort but was so worth it. I would change anything about it!!!! Thanks Jules for the yummy reciepe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasnt real excited about making this because the peanut butter pie i had tasted before wasnt very good but Julie this was fantastic. I liked the chocolate in it then the cool whip. Beautiful presentation also and a very full pie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I did want you to come and decorate the top of mine. I had to layer it with an entire new tub of cool whip because mine looked so bad and I had to take a picture of it. I finally just got out the Hershey's Syrup and drizzled that over it.

    ReplyDelete