Friday, June 28, 2013

An In-Between Dish To Share; Cowboy Lasagna




I found this recipe when someone shared it on Pinterest. (I copied it exactly as it was written)  I knew I would love it because of the ingredients, tater tots, ground beef, corn, tomato soup...come on!  I didn't post it on our regular weekly Supper Club agenda because frankly, it is too easy and not worthy of a whole week of you all making it...Regardless, your kids will love it, your husbands will love it and whether you admit it or not...you will probably love it too..
Note: I made half the portion in an 8x8 pan but used the whole recipe portion of the meat, soup, topping...play with it as you may, this one is for a 9x12 size.  Also, it's not spicy at all, so of course I had to throw jalapenos in my bowl...

Cowboy Lasagna
Ingredients

1. 1 lb of ground beef
2. Minced onions - 4 tbsp
3. Worcestershire sauce - generous sprinkling
4. Parsley - roughly 3 tbsp, divided
5. One can of tomato soup - 10 3/4 ozs(I think you could use 2 cans for the whole recipe, just me)
6. One can of corn - 15.25 ozs
7. Dried ground mustard - 3 tbsp
8. One package of tater tots - 32 ozs
9. Salt and Pepper to taste
10. Mozzarella cheese - roughly 4 cups

Directions
1. Brown ground beef with spices (don't forget the dried mustard, it's out of order in this recipe) - drain.  Add can of soup and can of corn, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. In a greased 9x13 baking dish, arrange tater tots in single layer.  Cover with 2 cups of cheese.  Pour ground beef mixture over top and cover with remaining cheese and 1 tbsp of parsley.
3. Place in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.



The recipe on Pinterest

Mine..We ate it so fast I forgot to take a pretty picture....haha

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I forgot that I used half mozzarella and half cheddar because that's what I had at home, that's why mine looks different. Either way would be great. Let me know what you guys think of this one..

    ReplyDelete