Monday, June 3, 2013

Season 2; Week 7; Zesty Turkey Burgers Liz Style!

Zesty Turkey Burgers Liz Style

Serves 4
Cooking and prep time 20 minutes
Makes 4 large burger patties

This burger is one of my favorites! They come out moist and delicious. This is a go-to dinner in our house and makes great leftovers. I serve these burgers with salad and corn on the cob for a nice light dinner. I also freeze the cooked patties for a quick meal days or weeks later.

1.25 lbs ground turkey (I use Jennie-O Turkey Store Lean and they come out great!)
1 box (10oz) Kroger chopped Spinach thawed and drained
1 packet Kroger taco seasoning
4 Slices cheese of your choice (I use cheddar or pepper jack)
Pam cooking spray
4 Hamburger buns


Mix together turkey, taco seasoning, and chopped spinach in a bowl with your hands.  Divide mixture into 4 large patties.

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the pan to medium high and once it is hot, add the burger patties. Cook the patties for 6 minutes per side or until the internal temp is 165degrees. Top with sliced cheese and cover for 1 minute. Serve with burger fixings and hamburger buns. Great with a salad and corn on the cob! Enjoy!



Burger fixings:

This burger comes out nice and juicy. So we don’t use the usual burger condiments on them. Here are the toppings Sam and I use instead of condiments:

Sliced avocado
Fresh cilantro
Sliced roma tomatoes
Pace Picante hot salsa

Sliced red onion

Liz's Zesty Turkey Burger Fixins

Liz's Zesty Turkey Burgers Cookin'

Liz's Zesty Turkey Burgers Liz Style
Cindy's Zesty Turkey Burger...Yum!

Julie's Zesty Turkey Burger Sans the Bun

6 comments:

  1. Liz, can't wait to try these, especially Liz-Style..We love burgers at our house so this will be a nice twist...I wonder if Mike will notice it's Turkey? ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, since I am dieting I can hardly wait to try this and I just went to whole foods and bought turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, these sound awesome, can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! I hope you all like them as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, we loved the Zesty Turkey Burgers, I used Provolone cheese on the ones we ate and saved the others for lunch leftovers. I really like the texture of turkey for burgers and the spinach and taco seasoning made it that much better. I pickled some sweet onions from the farmers market so used those as a condiment, it was great. Mike was really counting on you to make him like a "turkey burger" and you definitely didn't disappoint. Thank you for this submission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David was really wondering about eating turkey burgers since he is a beef eater but he knew that Liz had never failed him. Yep, he loved them. We made them with pepper jack cheese, tomato and mayo on them and they were delish. I may try next time to grill them put avocado with them, I just didn't have any yesterday. Great recipe Liz, as always this is a keeper/

    ReplyDelete