Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Season 2; Week 8; Julie's Blueberry Crisp


Filling
2 lbs fresh blueberries, or 3 11oz pints
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
3 tblsps cinnamon
1 tsp salt
The juice of 2 limes (fresh)

Topping
1 1/2 cups ap flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup/ 2 sticks COLD butter cut into small pieces.


Directions
Preheat oven to 350, and grease a casserole dish. In med to large bowl mix filling ingredients together, but add the blueberries last. Gently mix in blueberries, once all ingredients are combined pour into greased dish. For topping you can either use a pastry blender or a food processor, mix until ingredients resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over blueberry mixture, making sure to cover entire surface. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until topping has set. I had to bake mine for 1 hr 20 min so all the juice was absorbed. Let sit for as long as you can possibly resist this deliciousness. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped cream, or just stand at the counter and eat straight from the dish with a spoon. Enjoy! (Crisp should not be runny, if you notice filling is too juicy, bake an extra 20 min or until most of the juice has been absorbed).

Blueberry Crisp without topping

Blueberry Crisp with topping added

Blueberry Crisp Baked and Beautiful!




Liz's crisp :)

4 comments:

  1. I asked Julie to submit this recipe for her Blueberry Crisp because it is so fabulously delicious. Blueberries are in season right now so a good time to be using them. Julie made this for me when she came to visit last and I fell in love with it. I know you all will love it too. It makes a pretty substantial amount so you could share it....or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been waiting to try this! I think I will make two batches. One for us and one for our neighbors. Have you tried splitting the recipe? What do you think about baking it in a disposable pan? I'm running to Costco for blueberries ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was sooo yummy. Can't wait to try with other fruit. I'm going to experiment with the crumble too. Maybe as the dough on a tart? I baked this in a deep dish. It needed about 2+ hrs to bake. Excited for your next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not going to be making this until this coming weekend...I couldn't stand the thought of making a half portion, so I had to wait until we got invited to someone's house for dinner to bring dessert...haha...I love this stuff so much...I knew I would eat all of it if I didn't share it.

    ReplyDelete